Monday, July 17, 2006

So I married a rockstar

Okay, this layout took forever. I had to make the patterned paper out of deep red Bazzill cardstock, Heidi Swapp acrylic paint in cream and black and a cheap star stamp from Michaels because I couldn't find anything I liked. So yeah. Then I used some of the cream-colored paint on the photo mats because they looked really boring. I bought some Heidi Swapp rub-ons and put them on the vellum, which was a huge pain for some reason. I cut out the "H-O-T" letters by hand and wrote out the journalling. Did I mention that I took all the pictures too?

Totally worth every minute, I love it. I'm not even going to say that I might add something to it later, because I think it's great the way it is.



3 comments:

Christine R said...

Totally HOT! That is so sweet of you and how hot is that that your husband plays the guitar, other than looks of course! I bet you guys are fun to be with!

The layout is great. What a tribute to your hubby. I wouldn't change a thing about it either. Love all the elements. The lettering, inking, painting, stars, your journaling, and the guitar pic! Nice.

When I was in 9th grade I loved guys and guitars. I would take Peavey pics and make earrings out of them. I hung out with local bands from high school. Listened to rock. So cool. How nice that you have that today!

~Mel said...

I love your Layout! I also hope you don't mind that I blog-hopped over here from Christine's page.

You create such great stuff!

Brittany's Corner said...

love this layout. my FIL and two of my BIL's play the guitar. My hubby didn't get the music gene, but we love to sit out back drink beers and listen!!! I need to take a picture of my in-laws and do a page one day. GREAT JOB!!!!