Tuesday, June 26, 2007

From bad to worse

My stepdad is in the hospital. I'm waiting for Brian to get home and then we're heading over there. Well, as soon as Brian eats because he has to have meals on schedule for his diabetes and I have enough going on right now without having him get sick.

Anyway, my stepdad is diabetic too. And he is terrible at taking care of it. The other day he stopped by here because he wasn't feeling weel and his blood sugar was at 30. When I asked him what he had eaten that day, he said that he hadn't eaten anything at all. And my mother is in no condition mentally to take care of either of them. I don't know what we're going to do with them, seriously.

I guess he was being incoherent and was confused, he didn't recognize my mother. Apparently there is fluid in his chest and he's having trouble breathing. His blood sugar...26.

Did I mention that my son got picked up for having a pot-smoking pipe on him over the weekend? Yeah, we didn't know that until our landlord came over and said that the neighbor told him that she saw it in the paper. I'm telling you...it gets better and better every day.

3 comments:

ChristyR said...

Man oh man...I don't know what to say! I hope your step dad is okay and mom and son...hugs to you!

The Hallman Tribe said...

SORRY!!!!!! i bet you feel like "WTF is up"...I will be thinking of you and hoping you guys all the best!!!! SWAK

The Hallman Tribe said...

I AM TAGGING YOU!!!!! go to my blog for details.....sorry